Our Bastille Day Ballot: NOW OPEN
It's hard to believe that it's been nearly seven years since our inaugural Bastille Day celebration in the Brasserie.
Since 2013, we have offered a complimentary 3-course meal with wine to anyone wearing Breton stripes and a beret on 14th July, and each year our dining room is filled to the brim with customers embracing the French tradition.
And yet - due to the event's increasing popularity over the years - we have become only too aware that many interested in attending miss out each time due to the overwhelming response we receive as soon as bookings are announced.
As a result, we have this year decided to create a fairer, more egalitarian system for those who would like to join the celebration. Instead of allocating tables on a first come first served basis as has historically been the way, we will this year instead be instigating a 'Ballot' system. In line with the motto of the French Republic, we hope this way of allocating tables better allows us to "Manger pour la liberté, l'égalité et la fraternité!"
Furthermore, whilst in previous years we have only celebrated Bastille Day in the evening, this July we are extending our celebration to throughout the day, from 11.30am - 11pm. There will be an accordionist playing a medley of French classics in the afternoon with London-based band, Boom La Tete, performing French gypsy classics from 8.30pm onwards.
THE BALLOT IS NOW OPEN AND WILL CLOSE AT 5PM ON FRIDAY 21st JUNE.
Terms & Conditions:
- Brasserie Zédel's Bastille Day Ballot will run from 9.30am on
Tuesday 18th June and close at 5pm on Friday 21st June.
- One ballot entry per person only.
- A maximum table size of 6 people applies.
- Each entrant can select their preference for either an lunch, late lunch, early dinner or dinner. If successful, Zédel's reservation team will be in touch to confirm the exact time of your reservation subject to availability.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted in order to confirm their table reservation.
- Successful applicants will have been contacted by Friday 28th June.
- Please note that if you are successful, you will have 24 hours to confirm your table otherwise it will be re-submitted into the ballot.
- In any party, only those wearing a Breton shirt and beret will be eligible for a complimentary meal.
- The complimentary meal in this offer is for our Formule Menu, valued at £19.75, which includes 3-courses and a glass of wine and water.
- This offer only applies to reservations made for lunch and dinner (from 11.30am - 11pm) on Sunday 14th July 2019.
- No cash equivalent.
- Reservations for this event cannot be made over the phone or by email. In order to be as fair as possible, the only way to be in for a chance of a table this year is to enter into the ballot.
- Walk-ins on the day are very welcome, although they are not guaranteed and there may be a wait.