"It's fun and funky and at £5, it has to be the best value entertainment in London." - Cabaret Scenes
Join host Harold Sanditen and regular musicians Michael Roulston on piano and Jonty Fisher on bass, at our longest-running show, the über-popular Open Mic Party.
Audiences are assured a terrific show, with performers from across the globe. Who knows, you might discover the next Streisand or Bublé, or spot a star across the room. Michael Feinstein, Ann Hampton Callaway, Anita Gillette, Steve Brookstein, Marilyn Maye, Billy Stritch, Rowan Atkinson, Steve Ross, Amanda McBroom and many more have already discovered the excitement of the evening, either attending or performing, or both.
If you're a performer, it's your chance to shine in one of the most beautiful music rooms in London. We welcome singers and instrumentalists, and our musicians can play jazz, cabaret, musical theatre, pop, rock, and even opera! We encourage everyone, from newcomers to seasoned professionals.
Here's how it works for audiences and performers:
- Buy a ticket - only £5 - online in advance, or on the door
subject to space
- Doors open at 9 pm, with the show starting at 9.30pm and lasting until 11.30pm
- Order a drink and enjoy the show
- Be considerate to performers and refrain from conversations during performances
- Signups begin at 9, and the show starts at 9.30.
- Sign up directly with Harold Sanditen
- The emphasis of the night will be on having fun, so lengthy slit-your-wrist ballads will be strongly discouraged.
- Bring your music in the correct key, with a copy for both piano and bass. Be sure your music is either in a folder or taped together.
- When it's your turn, you will have a short time to give our piano and bass player the feel of your song, just prior to performing it.
- This is a purely live, musical evening. No stand up comedy, and no backing tracks.
- You are welcome to accompany yourself, or bring your own accompanist.