"It's fun and funky and at £5, it has to be the best value entertainment in London." - Cabaret Scenes
Join host Harold Sanditen and regular musicians Michael Roulston and Jonty Fisher, at our longest-running show, the über-popular Open Mic Party. Audiences are assured a terrific show, with performers from across the globe. You might discover the next Streisand or Bublé, or spot a star across the room. Michael Feinstein, Ann Hampton Callaway, Anita Gillette, Steve Brookstein, Marilyn Maye, Billy Stritch, Rowan Atkinson, Amanda McBroom and many more have discovered the excitement of the evening, either attending or performing, or both.
As a performer, it's your chance to shine in London's Art Deco jewel. We welcome singers and instrumentalists, and our musicians can play jazz, cabaret, musical theatre, pop, rock, and even opera! We encourage everyone, from newcomers to seasoned professionals.
Here's how it works for audiences and performers:
- Buy a ticket - only £5 - online in advance, or on the door subject to space
- Order a drink and enjoy the show
- Be considerate to performers and refrain from conversations during performances
- Signups begin at 9, and the show starts at 9.30.
- Sign up directly with Harold Sanditen
- The emphasis of the night will be on having fun, so lengthy slit-your-wrist ballads will be strongly discouraged.
- Bring your music in the correct key, with a copy for both piano and bass. Be sure your music is either in a folder or taped together.
- When it's your turn, you will have a short time to give our piano and bass player the feel of your song, just prior to performing it.
- This is a purely live, musical evening. No stand up comedy, and no backing tracks.
- You are welcome to accompany yourself, or bring your own accompanist.